Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today's card is a sneak peek into one of the five cards I'll be doing for my first stamp a stack next week.  Although I'd like to say I came up with this one all by myself, I can't.  As I was browsing through Stampin' Connection I came across this card made by Carolyn Beam.  I liked it so much that I decided to use it as one of my cards in the stamp a stack.  If you're a part of Stampin' Connection you can view her card here.


Pictures never seem to do the cards justice, but here's a close up of the 
flower so you can see the shimmer paint a little better.


Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Card Stock:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Classic Stampin' Pads:  Rich Razzleberry and So Saffron
Stampin' Write Marker:  Perfect Plum 
(because I don't have the new colors yet!)
Big Shot Embossing Folder:  Vintage Wall paper
Punches:  Butterfly & Two-Step Bird
Ribbon:  5/8" Grosgrain in Rich Razzleberry
Shimmer Paint:  Champagne Mist
Jewel:  Basic Rhinestones

I colored the pansy using sponges (on Very Vanilla). I don't have many re-inkers so I had to come up with another way to do it.  I started with So Saffron ink in the middle of the butterfly, and sponged outward toward the edges.  I dragged it on the card stock...no dabbing or it won't give you the right effect.  Then I went around the very edges with Rich Razzleberry.  After I went all around the edge, I carefully went in a little farther, but always stroking outward.  I sponged over it again with So Saffron to blend the colors in a little better where they meet.  Hope that makes sense to anyone who wants to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read everyone! If you ever wonder how I've made something I'd be glad to let you know! Sara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...